Cleaning the slate




I took three of our four children to the library last week and they got a small glimpse into my ADD brain. Honestly, I always thought that the way my brain was wired was the same as everyone else and that they just managed it all better than I did. It wasn't until I married Joey in 2014 that I recognized that the way my brain worked was a little wild and Ill share that story on here soon. For now, I wandered through the library excited at so many options and so many books that I sincerely want to read and learn about.  My kids and I had gone separate ways grabbing the books we wanted and when I got to the checkout with my stack of books my kids laughed at my clear inability to be realistic about the amount of time I had available for reading versus the large stack of books... none of which I was willing to put back. This, my friends is just typical for me and sometimes it means I get overwhelmed and give up before I can even get started on one of the ideas I want to push forward. Im always dabbling in about 15 things and ideas, most that I feel equally excited about, and Im learning that Ive got to narrow things down because I can not realistically do all of the things I want to do. 

All of that to say that I am over here working hard to process, be realistic and get the groundwork laid to help this business to be successful and more focused.  Im writing down all of the wonderful session ideas, mini themes, and portrait goals I have bouncing through my mind. Im getting the business side of things completed, and Im narrowing down the equipment I need to upgrade or invest in along with the classes I want to take to increase my skills this year. I took a lighting class a few weeks back that was super helpful and encouraging and I have been updating pricing guides and session availability. I completed the "Organization with ADD" book which has been super helpful. My main take aways from that book are that I need to declutter because that will help me to be more efficient and that the way that my brain is forever firing off ideas and dreams can actually be a good thing once I learn to manage it well. So, a little hope for me as I get this little business going again and start to learn about working with my creativity instead of against it and feeling like a scatter brained mess at times! 

Comments

Popular Posts